Cute Blue Flying Butterfly

Saturday, October 1, 2011

12th birthday special: The Girl in the Restroom (credits to the author)

NOTE:
Words in Tagalog are in Bold Italic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is ghost story 2, other ghost stories I posted:
>>Ghost Story 3: The Lady in White
>>Ghost Story 4: (coming soon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Ghost Story)
I was a freshman in college when this crazy thing happened.

One afternoon, I was in my Algebra class when I felt the
need to use the restroom after drinking too much iced tea
during our lunch break. I was literally dashing through
the hallway to get to the restroom. Even when I was in a hurry,
I clearly remember that there was no one inside the rest room.
All the cubicles were empty. So after I was done I went to
the sink to wash my hands and that's when I heard a voice
from one of the cubicles. I thought that was odd because
I didn't hear her enter the room. She was asking,
"Meron bang tao diyan?" (Is anyone there?).
Then I asked her what's the problem and she
told me she can't get out, the cubicle door was stuck.

The voice was coming from inside the furthest
cubicle so I went there. I was already nudging the
door when she said, "Patulak naman ng pinto, bilis
late na kasi ako, may klase pa ko." (Can you please push
the door, hurry up I'm late for my class). I irritably said,
"Oo, eto na nga."  (Okay, I'm already trying) because
I was already prying it open. I tried hard, I did, but it
wouldn't budge. I told her to make sure that the door is
off the latch. Silence. Then she started banging the door.
I thought, oh boy, she's really in a hurry to get out. Then
the banging stopped. I felt a trickle of sweat roll down my
forehead and I was like, okay fine, that's it, I'm
going to break this ugly thing. So I asked her to move farther
back because I'm going to kick the freaking door and I
don't want her to get hurt. She didn't respond. I
kicked the door anyway.

I kicked the door and it swung open. I was
in for the surprise of my life. There's no girl. No one
was there. I was staring at the empty cubicle I was
shocked, my mind was in a daze. I heard
someone behind me said, "Anong nangyari, 
anong nangyari sa pinto?" (What happened,
what happened to the door?). It was the janitress.
I told her I kicked it. She asked me why and my mind
went into a trance once again. After that, she never asked
again.

I was interrogated by the head of the maintenance department.
It turned out that I badly broke the flimsy door and the hinges
need replacements. I didn't want to sound stupid so I said I was
looking for my wallet, it's lame but it's all I could think of.
They didn't seem to believe my story
but they cut me loose anyway.

After I got out of the office I was heading towards
my friends when the janitress approached me. She
reminded me of the incident again, she said she heard
me talking to someone when she was near approaching
the rest room. I knew she didn't believe the wallet alibi.
She looked at me in a very weird way and said,
"Huwag mo nang sabihin sa iba, matatakot lang sila"
(Don't tell anyone, you'll just scare them)

I'll bet all the money in my real wallet, she knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment